|23 June||Years 7 - 10 Student Led Conferences 3pm - 5:30pm|
|24 June||Years 7 - 10 Student Led Conferences 8:15 - 2:25pm, Stage 6 Study Day ALV2/3, Year 12 @ Western Sydney Careers Expo|
|25 June||Staff Spirituality Day - No school for students|
|25 June - 9 July||School Holidays|
|5 - 9 July||Year 12 Study Week|
|12 July||Term 3 Commences|
|16 July||Athletics Carnival, CSDA debating competition Quarter Final|
|26 July - 10 August||Trial HSC|
|26 July - 14 August||Year 11/2022 Subject Selection Interviews|
|30 July||CSDA Debating Competition - Grand Final|
|4 August||Years 7-11 Australian Maths Competition|
Refugee Week in Australia is always held from Sunday to Saturday of the week which includes 20 June (World Refugee Day). The event provides a platform where positive images of refugees can be promoted in order to create a culture of welcome throughout the country. The ultimate aim of the celebration is to create better understanding between different communities and to encourage successful integration enabling refugees to live in safety and to continue making a valuable contribution to Australia. This year's theme is “Unity”, our Harmony Day celebrations highlighted how powerful unity is in untapping potential and creating positive relationships.
A Litany for refugees
1. Jesus, you and your family knew what it was like to live in a country where people were not safe. May those who flee their own country find a new home that is safe.
2. Jesus, you and your family knew the terror and sorrow of leaving your home and country. May the refugees today find safety and ways to heal in a new place.
3. Jesus you and your family returned home when it was safe. May countries become more safe so refugees can go home if they wish to.
4. Jesus you stood up for those who were being badly treated. Help us to find ways to speak up for the sake of those seeking asylum in our country.
5. Jesus, you welcomed the stranger. Help us to welcome all those refugees who seek a safe home in Australia.
6. Jesus, you gave us the example of caring for everyone. May we follow you and have love and compassion for refugees
Reports, Student Led Conferences and student free days:
A reminder that there are no classes for Year 7-10 on Thursday 24 June to allow for daytime meetings with the students' Learning Advisers. Students only need to attend school if they have an interview that day (full uniform is to be worn). This meeting, led by the student, is an opportunity to hear of their progress to date and to set goals for Semester Two. Please ensure you book a time through:
Year 11 and 12 are engaged in other learning activities on this day.
Friday 25 June is the Staff Spirituality Day - this is a pupil free day. On this day, our staff will be learning from and working with local organisations who provide important services to the most vulnerable in our community. Throughout the day, we will be enacting the head, hearts and hands philosophy of the Parramatta Religious Education program, Living Life to the Full.
Wishing all students, a well deserved break. I hope that you are all able to enjoy some quality time as a family and that if you are going away anywhere that you have safe journeys.