All sports trials will be held in Term One & Two in 2021.
Primary students enrolled in Year 5 and 6 in 2021 are invited to participate in the Parramatta Diocesan Team Sport Trials. It is important to note that these trials are generally for those children who display an above-average ability and/or have representative experience in their chosen sport. While teams are open in age it is strongly recommended that only children of a representative standard in Years 5 & 6 in 2021 be invited to attend.
Parramatta Diocesan trials will be held in the following sports: AFL, Basketball, Cricket, Hockey, Football, Hockey, Netball, Rugby League (11yrs & Opens), Rugby Union, Softball, Tennis & Touch football. The sports of Diving & Golf will be held at the MacKillop level.
To be eligible for selection for these trials the 2021 CEDP Primary Sport TEAM Registration Form must be completed. Please visit the Parramatta Diocesan Primary Sport website or Facebook for the link and information.
FACEBOOK: Primary Sport Parramatta Diocese
This online form is an EXPRESSION OF INTEREST for 2021 Parramatta Diocesan Primary Sport Team trials. Parents may complete this form to attend a selection trial. One form is to be completed per child, per individual sport. Each sport has its own criteria therefore, it is imperative that the correct form is completed.
Please note that your online registration is an EXPRESSION OF INTEREST ONLY and MUST be approved by the child's school. For the child to attend the nominated trial or event, the school approves students based on playing history and selection criteria. All fields and especially “Representative Experience” if applicable to the sport MUST be completed. Under no circumstances will a child be eligible to trial if the 2021 CEDP Primary Sport TEAM Registration Form has not been completed and approved by the school by the closing date.
More detailed information can be located in the 2021 CEDP Parra Primary Sport Rep Team Trials Info for Parents COVID19 information sheet
2021 Primary Sport Trials COVID-19 Information as of 3rd November
· The prevailing COVID Safe restrictions regarding school sport events and public gatherings will be observed at the Parramatta Diocesan Team Sport Trials
· Parents will be advised of the protocols to be followed according to the public health orders in force at that time of the trial.
· It is possible that this will restrict parent/spectator access to the venues as currently parents/spectators are not permitted at school events. Participating students will then remain in the care of the nominated Parramatta team managers for the duration of the trials.
· Parents/carers will be required to provide a mobile phone number that they will be able to be contacted on should they be required to return to the venue at any time.
Current CEDP Guide for Sport and Physical Activity guidelines that the following advice applies to all CEDP school sports and should be read in conjunction with the current NSW Health guidelines, NSW public health order, venue protocols and CEDP and school specific directives.
· The number of participants including staff and parents/guardians (if permitted) attending a facility must be limited to ensure compliance with external venue restrictions (one person per 4 square metres of space, 1.5m distancing and to a maximum of 500 people).
· Even if sporting competition occurs in an external venue, if the sporting activity is held ‘non-essential’ adults should not attend.
· The use of public change rooms should be avoided wherever possible. Students should come to school wearing their sport uniform and appropriate footwear where possible.
· Shared travel arrangements such as car-pooling should be avoided where possible.
· All sports or physical activities conducted must meet all recommendations listed in the DoE Sport Safety Guidelines including teacher/student ratios.
· Compliance with general COVID-19 restrictions concerning capacity / hygiene etc.
· Currently, NO parents / spectators are permitted to attend school sport events. More detailed information will be provided for each individual sport trial via the Team Sport Trial Information sheet provided to approved students.
COVID-19 Safety and Hygiene
The following hygiene measures will continue to apply to all sport and physical activities in schools:
· Practise good hygiene
· Staff and students are required to wash their hands prior to and at the conclusion of sport and physical activities. Encourage hand hygiene practices at regular intervals as required.
· Maintain good respiratory hygiene.
· Always discourage spitting or clearing of nasal or respiratory secretions.
· No shining of a cricket ball with sweat/saliva.
· Do not undertake physical exercise if unwell - students should not attend school if they are unwell. If they become unwell during the day, they should be collected by a parent/carer.
· Do not share items such as drink bottles or towels - Students should provide their own personal items such as water bottles, towels, clothing, etc as required for physical activities.
· Implement cleaning protocols - All sport and physical activity equipment (including shared equipment and clothing such as school sporting singlets and bibs) must be cleaned at the end of each session. Equipment and/or clothing that cannot be cleaned after each use must not be shared.
· Cleaning environments - Standard daily cleans as well as the cleaning of high touch areas should occur within sporting facilities, such as change rooms and in accordance with COVID-19 cleaning and sanitation requirements.
· Infection control - Apply standard precautions for infection control.
· Regular protocols for spills of blood and other bodily substances must be followed where any clothing, equipment and surfaces are contaminated by blood or other bodily fluid.
· Physical contact - shaking hands, high fives and hugging are to be avoided. Students must minimise any physical contact with others for the duration of a sport activity.