WINTER HAS CERTAINLY HIT
Please ensure that your child has their name on all of their clothing items particularly jumpers and hats. I don't think some of these children feel the cold - so when you send them to school with a jumper on, often after running around, they take it off and put it on the ground. If you label your jumpers and jackets there is a high possibility we will be able to return lost property to the rightful owner. Un-named items are washed and are available for purchase as second hand items from the front office.
We are currently taking enrolments for Kindergarten and Preschool 2022. To enable us to correctly estimate enrolments and staff the school appropriately for 2022, any parents enrolling new children P-6 need to complete enrolment forms and leave their details at the office. Please let any neighbours and friends in the local area know that we are enrolling now. Please be reminded that if you live out of zone and are enrolling in Kindergarten to Year 6, I am unable to confirm an enrolment for your child or for siblings at this point in time. This is dependent on current and new enrolments across the school K-6. There is also no guarantee of placement in local/feeder high schools. Please see school website for current enrolment procedures.
We are so very lucky to have our wonderful office ladies, They certainly keep the school running (and me in line....) Please note that our office hours are 8:30am -3pm. There are a number of communication options available.
- If you need to contact a classroom teacher the best method is to send an email to the school email address and the ladies will forward the email to the teacher during business hours. A teacher may email back or call but this will generally be after school hours as during the day they are on class teaching and have playground duty to do during lunch or recess. Rest assured they will contact you at their earliest opportunity.
- If your child is away you can send an email to the school with the reason or send an absence email through Skoolbag.
- Alternatively, if your child is absent and we have not heard from you, you will receive a text message mid morning. You can reply to this text. Text messages are sent as a safety process in schools so that we are assured that you, as the parent, knows your child is not at school. If you receive this text and you are confident your child is at school, please do not panic. Please ring the school and we will confirm your child's attendance. Unfortunately the system is not foolproof and occasionally human error gets in the way when marking the roll. We do try to be as accurate as possible.
- If there is a change to pick up arrangements for your child please email the office and they will let the classroom teacher know. Please do this as early as possible, as it is often difficult to find the right children at 2:50pm.
- If you need to purchase uniforms you can call the office and the ladies will take an order over the phone and then send the uniforms home with your child.
We are extremely lucky to have such friendly, hard working office staff here at Stockton Public School.
Ms Jodie Holt