Dear Parents, Carers and Community Members
Welcome to our new school year. I am very pleased to inform you that after our delayed start, we have had a very smooth start to 2021 and that all of our students have settled into their classes. Our sincere thanks go to all families for cooperating and supporting the changes that have needed to be made. I would like to extend a very warm welcome to all of our new families who have joined us this week.
My sincere thanks go to all of our staff members who have done an outstanding job in being prepared for the first days of school. Their level of professionalism and commitment to our students is again outstanding and it will ensure that we are set for a terrific 2021 school year.
My sincere thanks also go to our wonderful gardening and cleaning staff who have looked after our school campus over the summer break and ensured that it was in great condition for our children for Day 1.
WA remains in a State of Emergency and to keep WA safe it is important to know what you can and can’t do. For us at school in this post lock-down period this means:
· Schools will be open during the transition period.
· Primary school students aren’t required to wear masks.
· Secondary school students are required to wear masks.
· Teachers must wear masks, except when directly teaching in class where clear enunciation or visibility of the mouth is required.
· Parents and carers are welcome on our school site.
Please note that the 4 square metre rule applies at venues, up to a maximum of 150 patrons (excluding staff). We have a capacity of 10 parents / carers in each of our classes and up to four adults in our reception area.
SCHOOL STAFF 2021
This year we welcome back the following teaching staff to our school:
- Ms Joy Cheong – Year 5, returning from leave
- Mrs Jess Perry officially returns to a Year 5 classroom teacher role
- Mrs Helen Finnis officially returns from Maternity leave – 0.2 academic extension
- Mr Charles Wickham – Year 5
- Ms Janis Hermann – Kindy
- Mrs Leanne Ferguson – Year 2 & PE.
- Ms Claire Lewis & Ms Stacey Westlake return to our school as EAs from leave
- Mr Hewitt left us over the holidays to take up a teaching position in Esperance.
Changes to our Leadership Team include Mrs Cath Stott returns to full-time Deputy Principal and Mrs Kiera Slade is Deputy Principal 0.8FTE & 0.2FTE in Year 6.
PARENT/CARER INFORMATION MEETINGS
All of our classes will be holding parent information meetings in the next couple of weeks. Families will be notified by the class teacher/s of the days and times. All parents and carers are strongly encouraged to attend these meetings and meet their children’s teachers and our school support staff.
2021 SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT DAYS
The following 2020 School Development Days are provided for your information and future planning:
· Friday, 4th June
· Monday, 23rd August
· Monday, 11th October
· Friday, 17th December
Best wishes for a wonderful start to this school year.