Dear Parents & Community Members,
The School Board met last week with discussions including:
- Student data 2021: reviewed and analysed, including literacy, numeracy and student wellbeing. Following this discussion, teachers will prepare Operational Plans for 2022 to address identified needs with these shared with the Board at the November 22 meeting
- 1 to 1 Technology: an update of the current progress including a review of community feedback, a discussion about guidelines for usage and addressing community questions.
- Contributions & Charges 2022: approved for the new school year, including a recognition of the new 1 to 1 Technology program in Year 4.
- Out of School Care: arrangements and a revision of the existing contract for 2022.
I have been privileged in recent weeks to be a part of and/or witness the amazing persistence and resilience of our students.
- The Year 6 camp to Woodman Point really challenged our students to reach some goals they did not expect hey would be able to achieve. The fact that the majority of the group pushed themselves beyond their expectations was credit to them all – and given they also demonstrated outstanding levels of maturity and responsibility while away made the attending staff proud.
- In recent time our pre-primary to Year 5 students have been venturing to Craigie Leisure Centre to undertake swimming lessons. For some, this is pushing them outside their comfort zone although comments from swimming teachers highlights the ability of this group to remain focussed and strive towards success.
Finally, tomorrow (Friday, October 29) is World Teachers’ Day. We take this opportunity to celebrate and acknowledge the efforts of all staff who work at Glengarry Primary School. Please consider wishing members of staff a “Happy WTD” when you see them.