Dear Parents, Carers and Community Members
We have very quickly moved to be half way through Week 3 and I am very happy to say we are progressing very smoothly given the current environment that we are all working in. I would like to acknowledge and thank our whole school community for the way that it has adapted to, cooperated with and navigated the COVID 19 changes that we have implemented.
COVID 19 UPDATE
As you know we are still operating under the current COVID 19 operating guidelines. As such, we are currently asking that parents and carers continue to follow the following COVID safe guidelines:
- Individuals should stay home when unwell;
- Promote and practice good personal hygiene;
- Ensure physical distance of 1.5 metres between adults, where practicable;
- As per the AHPPC guidelines, promote outdoor air ventilation, where possible.
- Parents are allowed on school sites; provided they:
* Wear a mask, unless they meet the criteria that prevents or permits them from doing so;
* Practice 1.5 metres between adults physical distancing, where practicable; and
* Follow good hand and respiratory hygiene practices.
We will continue to provide advice regarding individual school events on an ongoing basis.
NAPLAN will be commencing next Tuesday. NAPLAN is an annual assessment for all students in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9. It tests the types of skills that are essential for every child to progress through school and life. The tests cover skills in reading, writing, spelling, grammar, punctuation and numeracy. The assessments are undertaken every year in the second full week in May. Further information regarding NAPLAN can be found at https://www.nap.edu.au/home.
EARLY CHILDHOOD PLAYGROUND
We currently have some work that is taking place in our ECE playground. These projects include:
1. The installation of a low fence around the perimeter of the playground to support the supervision and ultimately improve the safety of our children in this area. This fence has been provided by the Department of Education and should be completed today.
2. The installation of an ECE Sensory Garden will complement the play opportunities available to our Kindy and PP children. This garden will begin construction on Monday, 10th May and should take a week to be completed. This project is being funded by the school and the P&C Association and we sincerely thank them for their ongoing support.
STUDENT LEADERS’ CONFERENCE
Our Year 6 Student Councillor's and House Captains are now attending the 2020 Grip Leadership conference on Thursday, 20th May after being rescheduled because of the COVID lockdown.
A reminder to our school community that the staff carpark is not to be used when dropping off or picking up students. Today we had a number of teachers who were not able to open their classrooms on time as they were driving around the school trying to locate alternate parking.
Thank you again for your cooperation and commitment to our school. Have a wonderful fortnight.