Dear Parents and Students of the Mark’s College Community,
As we emerge from the lockdown and embrace the new norm we have been thrilled to welcome back students and staff over the last couple of weeks. We look forward to what the weeks ahead will bring – happy and engaged students and their ever committed teachers who are excited to be back in the classroom. With the return to face to face teaching and learning, we have implemented COVID safe practices which support our community’s health and wellbeing. We are all responsible for looking after each other and for keeping ourselves and each other safe.
As part of the Return to School Planning, the College has been undertaking risk assessments in line with guidelines from the Association of Independent Schools.
A summary of the key measures that have been considered in these risk assessments have included:
· All staff onsite will have received two vaccinations by Nov 8.
· A face mask must be worn inside by staff and those aged 13 years and over (not required outdoors).
· Physical distancing and maximum capacity limits in indoor spaces.
· Use of hand sanitisers.
· Infection control measures re cleaning equipment
· Audit of windows and air conditioning systems to ensure adequate ventilation.
· Subject-specific cleaning and sanitising requirements where equipment may be shared.
· Regular reminders about a range of health and hygiene measures.
· No parents or visitors on site.
· Tuesday Sport modified to year groups, limited mingling, no contact sports,
· Restrictions on most events and gatherings.
The College is committed to providing the safest possible environment for all children, staff and family. In addition to these Covid-safe practices parents and carers are asked to observe guidelines with the safe drop off and pick up of children.
You are also asked to ensure that traffic and parking regulations are followed at all times. This is to ensure not only our students’ safety, but also the safety and needs of our local community and contractors. In a bid to improve student pedestrian safety we have a School Crossing Supervisor who oversees the crossing in Australis Avenue. Parents in particular are asked to be respectful of this crossing and use it at all times.
- Ø Do not use the driveway of the College staff carpark or the Coles Receiving Dock at any time
- Do not stop at the pedestrian crossing to allow children to alight or enter any vehicle
- Do not park in the bus zone at the main gate
- Escort children in infant’s school to and from the College gates
- Students riding bicycles to school must dismount at the gate and walk their bicycles in
Please note that Local Area Command as well as Council Rangers frequently patrol the area and are responsible for enforcing all road, parking and driving rules.
Please read the Safety Tips for use of Drop-off and Pick-up zones at the end of this newsletter.