I would like to sincerely thank you all for your cooperation with drop off and pick up at the gates. The resilience demonstrated by our students has been phenomenal.
The restrictions that have been in place since the lockdown continue and there is no end point to these at this stage. We need to continue to follow SA Health and the Department’s directions.
As a school we would like to share the following update starting from week 5 (next week):
- If a parent enters the school grounds, it is a requirement that they use the QR code and wear a mask.
- Families who have a Reception, year 1 or year 2 child are asked to have one adult enter the school grounds to drop off and collect their child each day if needed, but must be wearing a mask. We also ask that families please leave the grounds promptly as there will be staff in the yard supervising.
- Please ensure you follow physical distancing guidelines which currently ask you to keep at least 1.5m apart. The end of the day is the most important time to be aware of this as this is when several parents gather to collect their child from the yard.
- Families of year 3-7 students are asked to continue to drop their child off at the gates and arrange a pick up point at the end of the day.
- Families of preschool children need to drop off and collect children from the preschool gate as we have done so throughout the year.
If a parent has a matter that needs to be discussed about a child’s learning or wellbeing, please ring the school to make an appointment with the required staff member or speak to one of our front office staff. Together, we can work with the restrictions and continue to support your child and keep everyone safe.
Please continue to communicate with your child’s class teacher while these measures are in place.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns related to the above.
We will also provide an update of our upcoming Book Week Parade and Assembly which at this stage will be closed events.
Again, I thank you for all your support – please take care.
Learning Together, Learning For Our Future.