Date and time: Saturday 5 March 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Warrnambool Livestock Exchange 81 - 91 Caramut Road Warrnambool
Toxic household chemicals, such as cleaning products, pool chemicals and pesticides can be safely disposed of for free at Sustainability Victoria's Detox Your Home events, in partnership with local councils. Collected items are recovered for reuse or safely disposed of.
With community safety in mind, Detox your Home events, are now drive-through (no walk-ins) and contactless, supported by a COVIDSafe plan.
This service is for household chemicals only.
Detox your Home accepts:
- Acids and alkalis Aerosol cans (empty cans with household recycling)
- Anti-freeze Brake fluid Car body filler Car wax Cleaners – ammonia base
- Cooking oil
- Detergents, disinfectants and drain cleaners
- Fire extinguishers
- Floor-care products and waxes
- Fuels – petrol, diesel, kerosene, other
- Glues – water-based and solvents
- Herbicides and weed killers
- Insect spray and pesticides
- Nail polish and remover
- Oven cleaner
- Thinners, turps and paint stripper
- Pool chemicals
- Rat poison
- Transmission fluid
- Wood preservatives and finishes (oils and varnish)
- Paint, fluorescent lights and batteries won’t be accepted.
Chemicals can’t be decanted, so bring them in disposable, clearly labelled containers.
If you don’t know what’s inside a container, label it as ‘unknown’.
The maximum acceptable weight or size for a single container is 20 kilograms or 20 litres.
On the day:
Put your clearly labelled items in the empty boot of your car or vehicle tray.
Drive-in and follow the event signage and directions.
Stay in your car, you will need to check in using a QR code and our trained chemists will do the rest.